Monday, June 29, 2015

Care packages

Leiana Smith sent some small bags of m&m's with the following poem Linnea had written:
As you hold these candies in your hand and turn them round you’ll see
That symbol can be a W, 3, M or E.
They remind you of the promises you made and plan to keep
That day when you were buried in the water oh so deep.
W is for Water, where the ordinance takes place.
And precedes the Holy Ghost, a gift you will embrace.
The 3 reminds me of the number of promises I make
That I renew each week when the sacrament I take.
The M is for My covenant to always remember him, and is evident
When I take his name upon me and keep the commandments.
E is for Eternal life, God’s promise sure to me
If I but seek to do his will and keep my promises 3.
So as you eat these candies or share them with your friends
Remember your baptismal covenant, for that promise never ends.

Note: After Rebecca requested her skinny jeans, I still had room left in the shoe box care package, so I added some Strawberries and Cream Quaker oatmeal and Swiss Miss hot chocolate.  I included a note which said: Breakfast for two!  (It's the closest I could come to sending chocolate covered strawberries in the mail.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment