Monday, August 22, 2016

You Are Loved! Don't Give Up!

New theme song for our companionship - You Are Loved by Josh Groban.  Sister Porter and I listen to it at appropriate volumes and motivate ourselves through its lyrics.  It's so good. 

Wow, this weekend was incredible beyond belief. The beginning of the week was boring... nothing happened... but then the weekend happened and it was a spiritual FEAST!  First off, we had a special MLC with President Lynn G Robbins (presidency of the 70) and then I got to go to Fred Emery's baptism.  I have never been so spiritually enlightened.  Also, I haven't smiled that much for so long in a LONG time.  Ah, it still just makes me so happy!!!

Wait, there were a few highlights from the beginning of the week, so we'll start there.  We had a FHE lesson on the Word of Wisdom on Tuesday.  It was pretty fun.  We had cut out pictures of different foods, both good and bad, from a grocery ad, then we had two bags, one with a smiley on it and one with a frown and then the kids had to look at the food item and put it in the appropriate bag.  It was pretty great.  

We had a full district meeting on Thursday.  We had 3 visitors - the 2 zone leaders and one of the Assistants to the President.  It made for an exciting meeting as we actually had a good number of people.

Elder Robbins was INCREDIBLE!  My favorite parts were how we learned how to be like Nephi and not like Laman and Lemuel (Book of Mormon characters for those of you who read my emails and aren't LDS).  Nephi is seriously my hero in the Book of Mormon.  The more I read about him, the more I want to be like him.  So we learned that the trick is to take full responsibility for any choice we make.  If we give excuses, or we blame someone else, or we run away, or we give up, or anything else like that, then we are like Laman and Lemuel.  It really opened my eyes.  I realized that I tend to give excuses for my actions way too often.  I need to change that to just owning it and giving **reasons** for my actions, and still accept responsibility.  

The entire MLC was like Marriage and Parenting 101.  We learned all about raising kids... so, when I get to that point in life I should be super prepared ;) 

Then that night, as we were getting ready for bed in Farmington 7th's apartment (where we were staying the night) we had a surprise visit by Sister Jessee, Sister Bowler, and Sister Hererra!  Holy Hannah, that was the GREATEST moment of my life!!!!!!!! Wow, I just couldn't believe it.  Sister Bowler and Sister Jessee are some of my absolute favorite people on this entire planet!  We talked for a really long time.  It was so good :)  How I miss those two!!!!

The next morning was Fred's baptism.  I got to see all my Flora Vista people!!!! Ah!!! I was dying from happiness the entire time.  I got to sit next to S. Bowler for the second half, and man, I've missed singing with her.  She sings like a pro.  We took pictures with Fred, and I couldn't help but give him the biggest side hug the entire time.  Oh, he's the cutest cowboy ever!  Fun fact, it was his birthday.  So he will never forget the day he was baptized! :D

There was a musical number there, mother, if you would like to find the sheet music for me and send it my way that would be beyond amazing.  The song was called I will Stand as a Witness of Christ by Sally Deford.  I think I have that right.  It was amazing!!!!!! I want to sing it on the mission if possible.  I was just melting the entire time it was being sung.

After the baptism, we went to get Vanilla Moose.  Of course.  It was delicious like always :)

Other cool happenings - I've decided where I'm going to live when I come home!  Sister Brennan and Sister Scoffield and I are going to room together down in Provo/Orem area.  I'm stoked beyond belief.  These are the Sisters I came out on the mission with, so we're all in the same stage in life.  It's going to be a party and a half every day!

Well, that's mostly it.  I love all of you so much!!!!! 
Love,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment