Tuesday, February 16, 2016

hand-written letter from Becca

dated Feb 8, 2016

Dearest Family,
Hello!  My apologies for not writing a weekly letter this week.  I got on the computer today and was shocked with the news that a friend of mine, Megan Czech, had just passed away 2 days ago.  That was a hard thing to read.  But I'm so thankful for the knowledge of the plan of Salvation. That is a huge strength.  As well as Christ's atonement.  Because through that I can draw even more strength.  It's just crazy to think how short life is.  And how easily it can be over.  It opens my eyes to the fact that I really need to take advantage of every day I'm given.  I'm so thankful for life.  I'm thankful for you, my family, and I'm eternally thankful for the gospel and the truths I know from it.
Well, if you so desire, you can scan this letter and send it out to people, cause this is basically going to be my weekly email.
This week was good!  our investigator Melissa Dawes passed her baptismal interview!!! So she will now officially be baptized on Feb 20!  We are SO excited for her!
Awesome story about Melissa - she came to Enrichment night last week and didn't have a great time.  There was a member at the event that managed to hurt her feelings at the beginning of the night.  So she went home and cried a little bit. Fast forward to Sunday, we had to leave Melissa so we could go to Aztec 1st ward's sacrament meeting, so she went to relief society by herself.  This same member that had hurt her feelings was sitting by herself in the relief society room.  So Melissa walks up to her and asks if she can sit by her.  Oh my word, I was so impressed when Melissa told us about this!  I don't know if I would've had that same strength to do that.  But she did!  I was so pleased!
Paul and Jacob - I got to watch Joseph this week!  Oh my goodness, I died laughing.  I hadn't realized how down I had gotten lately until I started watching that show and was smiling from ear to ear during the entire thing.  You both are fantastic.  And that Joseph ... WOW he can sing!! And Sammy Suiter ... WOW she's gorgeous and talented!  And Katie Berghout, haha, I didn't realize that was in her.  I was a tad shocked.  Andelin is an incredible dancer!  That was a beautiful solo she did.  And everyone in the show was just SO good!!  LOVED the costumes and choreography!  Did Jared do costumes again?  It wasn't in the credits.  Mom, fantastic job filming!  Sis Alford was very impressed.  All in all, I loved the show to no end.
Other highlight of the week, our beehives made us dinner!  it was so much fun!  They were learnign about budgeting and so they decided to do a budget grocery thing and prepare a meal for the missionaries!  I loved it so much!
Marilee!  I loved seeing pictures from your baptism!  I hope my last letter made it in time!  You looked gorgeous.  It looked like everyone had lots of fun, too!  Sean told me that he loved the "candy sushi" and being part of the confirmation circle.  Man, it sound like it was the best thing ever.
I love you all with all my heart and soul!!!  You're the greatest!  Keep going strong!
Love,
Becca
PS Thank you SO much for the package!  The things inside it were much needed.
I Love You!!!
By the way, THANK YOU Jacob for the necklace!!!
love Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment