Monday, July 6, 2015

Here we go again!

This week was a bit of a roller coaster, but it was still good!
Funny story of the week:  So, wind + skirts = bad combo.  We were waiting for someone to open the door on a windy day and I was wearing a billowy skirt.  Suddenly, my skirt was basically on my head instead of around my knees and I quickly tried to bring it back down.  Thankfully, no one had opened the door yet and we were literally in the middle of no where.
Fun mundane fact:  We get water bottles at almost every appointment we go to.  So we have a million plastic water bottles around the house.  It's simply because it's hot here and people are trying to be really nice to us.  We definitely appreciate it :)
Also, Happy birthday to Rachael this week!!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!
So, for this week, we were in farmington a TON!  So we didn't get a ton of lessons in, but we got Costa Vida, so all was well :)  I still absolutely love that place.
For the 4th of July we really didn't do much.  We went to a member's house and gardened a bunch.  Well... by "we gardened" it really translated to me sitting there holding the shade and watching everyone else work.  It was actually quite hilarious how much I didn't work.  I wanted to!  Don't get me wrong, but they refused to put me to work since I was in a skirt.  Super dumb.  So I just sat there.  We have a great picture of it, but the member hasn't sent it to me yet.
I've made a few discoveries this week.  First off, I've discovered how much I love super sappy, cheesy, mormon movies.  I didn't realize this until we were talking about Charly and Christmas Shoes and my love for those movies.  I'm such a girl, but I'll embrace it.  I've also discovered the best way to kill a spider.  You either spray it to death with Febreeze and it shrivels up and dies, or you vacuum it up.  That works really well too.
I've also re-discovered my love for sticky notes.  They are my best friends.  Seriously, best invention ever.

I've been working on "the Lord's tan"  and it's coming along quite nicely.  I have the beginnings of a watch, ring, and shoe tanline.  Hopefully I will look Native American by the time I come home because I'll have such a great tan ;)
So, I know I tell you random things from my week, but what do you guys want to hear?  What would you like to know about Sister Jessee?  We've gotten pretty close this past week and I think the craziness we both have in us is coming out.
Well, I love you all and hope you're doing well!!! Here's to another week of hard work :)
Love ya!
Love,
Sister Becca :)
ps - thanks for the packages!  They were the best :)
pps I don't know what pictures are being sent... I tried to send a lot but they wouldn't let me




No comments:

Post a Comment