Monday, October 24, 2016

So much update!

Hey Family and Friends! 

HIGHLIGHTS: We gave a roleplay in Zone Conference, I gave my departing testimony, I SAW THE CHEE FAMILY IN GALLUP!!!! All is well in the mission :)

Wow, this week has been a good one.  There wasn't a very high lesson count, but we still did a lot.  I guess this week was more of meetings and exchanges and such.

First, Monday happened.  We did service during the day.  We have an older member who's doing an online class through BYU-Idaho, and we are her tech support.  It's so funny.  She'll call us up randomly to help her out with uploading things to her class page or something along those lines.  It's honestly the weirdest thing in all the world being on BYU-Idaho's page.  It kinda gets me excited for school, or at the very least feel like I'll be able to handle it.  Funny moment - We were helping her download something and it was talking about a plug-in and Ann, in her cute monotone voice, simply said "plug it in, plug it in."  Man, I so wish you could understand how hilarious it was!  Her voice!  I love her with all my heart.

OH! Also on Monday I found out that I was accepted into BYU Provo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!  I'll be starting school a week after coming home,  and I'm just stoked beyond belief for it.  Never thought I'd actually get in!

Tuesday was nice.  We had amazing lessons, went to mutual, and had a ward correlation.  Sister Ledford and I decorated a cake at mutual, and it actually turned out super cute!  I will send pictures :)

Wednesday was Zone Conference.  My last one in the mission.  So that translated into Sister Ledford and I giving a roleplay on extending commitments and following up.  It was actually a pretty neat roleplay.  We had President and Sister Adams and President and Sister Solomon involved where they were the distractions.  See, the missionary would invite the investigator to church and to read Moroni 6, then there was time for the investigator to read, then the missionary would follow up.  Well, while the investigator was reading, we would go around asking them questions, getting them to go up and draw something on the board, erase the board... all sorts of random things.  And then President and Sisters Adams and Solomon would help with the distractions. It was so good :)

Then the sad part of zone conference happened... I had to give my departing testimony.  Wow.  I didn't  cry, shockingly, but it was still hard.  My mind blanked.  I forgot to share the scripture I was going to, but I did talk about how President Adams once told me, "Imagine if you would have gone home."  And I honestly can't imagine where I would be without the mission.  I'm so eternally thankful for the time I have to serve.  It is the best decision I've ever made in my life.  And I know it will bless my life for the rest of forever.

We started exchanges immediately after zone conference with the Gallup Sisters.  I got to go to Gallup and wow!  I love the people there so much!  I met some new people that they're teaching, but I also got to see the Chee family.  Oh my heavens.  That family owns ALL my heart and soul!!!!!!  And then some more of me!  I just about cried when I saw them.  And it was seriously such a blessing for all of us that night.  Story time! When I got into Gallup, I sent two texts from the Gallup Sister's phone - one to Deb and one to Sister Chee, both of them simply stating that I loved them and that they are the greatest.  The Chee's responded saying that that text was so needed that day, because they were going through a tough trial.  So we immediately called them to see what was going on.  That's when I broke the news to them that I was actually in town for the day.  See, the text was something along the lines of "Sister Cardon just wanted to let you know that she loves you!.... blah blah blah..."  So they didn't know I was in town. Well, we set up going over there at 8:00 that night, miraculously all of our schedules were open at that time.  And goodness, I'm so thankful we were able to.  We got to comfort each other, catch up a little, comfort some more, and share a scripture.  We shared Alma 37:3, one of my favorites.  And then after talking about it, Faith shared with us that she had prayed after coming home from the chaos meeting that was their current trial that Heavenly Father would help her feel better.  Then my text had come in.  Ah!  Faith just amazes me every time I talk to her!  She's always been the first to turn to Heavenly Father in her time of need, and it's such an example to me on what I need to always be doing.  I LOVE THE CHEE'S!!!! Great side fact, the oldest daughter Kim might be going to Utah for college... yes please!  I think this family is like my obsession family... I just can't get enough of them.

We learned how to make frybread!  It was the greatest :)  Sister Chee is a less active and she helped us with the recipe and stretching techniques.  I'm pro now :)

Then I got to go on exchanges with Sister Scoffield, my MTC comp!!! Oh man, I love her with all my heart!  It was so nice to drive and talk!  And then we have classes at BYU together now :)  Yay!!! :D

Then we finished the week with Stake Conference.  So good :)  I love church!  It's such an uplifting experience!

Aaaannnddd... yep!  That's about it.  My life is a good one.  I absolutely love being a missionary!

Love you all!!!!
Love,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment